Monday 18 April 2016

We are done

Well I had good intentions to post everyday through the competition but it just didn't happen. After day one it has been a whirlwind. Up at 6am back at 9pm, shower, make a lunch for the next day, a quick check of things at home when able to get back on wifi and it was time for lights out.  So now a recap of the last few days. 

Slice was amazing!  Everyday we stepped to the line together as a team. She trusted me to guide her through the course and we were connected in every moment. A funny thing happens when I step to the line. The whole building is buzzing and the announcer says your name then your team mates chant out the team cheer. At that moment I put Slice on the ground and suddenly I don't here anything but Slice and I wiring through the course. Every now and then you hear a gasp, oooohs and awwws but mostly it is serene.  The run is clean and I hear the crowd cheer and my little girl screaming at me that the run was awesome. Such a thrill. There is nothing in my life that even compares that a little bit. That adrenaline rush is like no other. 

Round after round over five days I got to enjoy that moment with Slice. Besides living in that moment and taking in all the wonderful memories of the championships we achieved three top ten finishes in overall results. 



No comments:

Post a Comment