Wednesday 6 April 2016

Travel Day

The day is finally here and we are ready to go. All packed and just waiting to go. Slice didn't leave my side when she figured out she was coming too. 

Off to the airport we went with Christina  Quasi in tow. We figured two hours lead time should be enough but we made it with five minutes to spare. The check in line was long and disorganized. High five for me!  Both bags bang on for weight. Phew!  

Once we had our boarding passes and paid $200 to shove the dogs under the seat we headed off to security. Surprise once again I'm "randomly" selected for additional security check. Once I got my pat down then my carry on needed to be searched for scissors. I repeatedly told them I didn't have scissors but they insisted on searching my bag. Before they ripped it apart I asked where in the bag they saw scissors. They showed me and I said oh those are nails clippers for my dog, Check the red bag. Done and we were released to go. Brisk walk to the gate and the plane was boarding 15 minutes early. 

We made up an hour of our scheduled flight time so only 8 hours in the plane!  The food was gross, the movies good and the flight uneventful. 

We cleared customs, picked up our rental car and made our way to Cologne. Slice and Quasi were very happy to be out and stretch their legs. The two trouble makers think they own the car too. 

We are settled into our hotel and contemplating what to do first. 


No comments:

Post a Comment