Thursday 24 March 2016

Feeling Quite Emotional

As I approach the 18 day countdown until Slice and I leave for the 2016 IFCS World Agility Championships, I find myself unusually emotional as I prepare.  Usually I am filled with giddy excitement of hitting the world stage and knowing everyday is going to be amazing regardless of the results.  This year is a bit different...

Slice is a one in million dog with incredible talent and a heart that could fill the chest of an elephant and she is my girl.  We go everywhere together, she is my constant sidekick.  This last year of competition has been tough for us as she has suffered a couple of very serious concussions while playing agility.  She has recovered well but the knowledge of her multiple concussion syndrome looms in the back of my head every time she runs.  I do my best to make sure she is safe but Slice doesn't always stay on the same page with me.

Keeping her health in mind and knowing she turns 9 years old when we get home, I have decided that this is her last year of international competition.  What ever will be will be and nothing will ever compare to our first world team experience in 2011.  In the past 6 years, this wee girl has taken me all over the world to play agility.  I could never have asked for anything more from a dog.  She is perfect!

This trip we are going to enjoy every single moment of it.  Take lots of pictures, see amazing sights and play some agility in our spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment